Visit 3 islands in one day; HYDRA, POROS & AEGINA. We start our day sailing towards the three beautiful islands of the Saronic Gulf.
Shortly after departure, our guides and hostesses will invite you to gather in one of the lounges, in order to give you all necessary information concerning the safety regulations, the cruise program and the islands. This will also be an opportunity for you to get answers to any questions you might have, as our trained staff is there to ensure that you will have a most wonderful day.
On board our ship you can spend your time at our 3 decks. On the lowest level you will find the main dining room, where the lunch buffet will be served, the mid-level is a big spacious light deck, surrounded all around by windows, where you can enjoy your coffee, drinks, breakfast and later on, your cocktails. This magnificent space is equipped with Wi-Fi connection and all the necessities to make your trip a comfortable one. On the second deck, you can find the TAX-FREE luxury goods store, where you can purchase your jewellery presents and known brand accessories and bags.
During the spring, summer and autumn periods, you are going to be charmed by our sun deck. On the top of the vessel we have a spacious open space with a comfortable sitting area and a beautiful all day bar.
Part of our entertainment program takes place on our sun deck.
The port of Hydra, whose amphitheater shape once served as a safe shelter for Pirates, welcomes you. From the decks, you will be able to admire the very special architecture and dramatic landscapes of the island, whose old traditional stone houses and mansions silently witness to a long and turbulent history.As soon as you disembark, it’s all there… the small narrow stone-paved streets waiting to be explored on foot or by the island’s traditional “vehicle” – the saddled donkey… captivating walks along the old seaside promenade… crystal clear waters, radiant traditional fine craft shops, the beauty of Hydra will conquer you forever!As you sail on, our dancers will make you dance to Greek rhythms and the buffet lunch would be served, with the perfect menu that would suite everyone onboard. Reach menu with the finest Mediterranean tastes prepared freshly from our chef onboard.
- Hydra island has more than 300 churches and 5 monasteries.
- Hydra’s Maritime Academy is the oldest Maritime Academy in the eastern Mediterranean, as it is open since the revolution of 1821.
- Hydra has inspired many artists such as Picasso and Sagale, as well as it is the home of many artists like P.Tetsis, N.Gkikas, L.Cohen etc.
- Many movies have been filmed on the island like Sophia Loren’s hit movie “Boy on a Dolphin” and Melina Merkouri’s “Phaedra”.
- Five Prime Ministers in Greece’s history were Hydra natives: G.Kountouriotis, A.Kriezis, D.Voulgaris, A.Miaoulis and P.Voulgaris.
- The biggest star in the sky is named Hydra and was noted in the ancient years by Ptolemeus.
The smallest of the three islands, separated from the Peloponnese by a narrow strait and offering a most enchanting view of Poros Town.
In Poros you will have a time to explore the city and enjoy the short walk, get ready, we are off to our final destination after approx. one hour.
Aegina is our final destination, and here we will be staying for around 2 hours.
Poros was the site of the first naval base in modern Greece, established in 1827 during the Greek War of Independence. Most of the activities of Poros naval base were moved to Salamis naval base in 1881. The site is still used today by the Hellenic Navy as a training center for naval personnel.
- Poros lemon forest is very famous not only in Greece but world wide also. Orange and lemon production is one of the main financial sources of the island.
- Poros has an amazing shell museum, founded in 2006, with a permanent exhibition of shells in the Chatzopouleios library.
- The island’s name means “narrow strait”.
During our stay in Aegina we can share with you our 3 proposals for excursions:
The first possibility is a Guided Bus Tour of the island, starting with a visit to the Temple of Afaia which is the best preserved temple in Greece and one of the 3 temples forming the famous “Sacred Triangle” of Greek antiquity. Built on top of a wooded hill, it offers the most magnificent view over the island, the Saronic Gulf, Piraeus and Salamina Island. Our guide will tell you the fascinating story of the intriguing history of this beautiful site and then from there we make a small stop for photographs to the Church of Saint Nectarios, where you can admire of its beautiful Byzantine architecture. The drive back to Aegina Port will give you time to relax and appreciate the exquisite peaceful nature of the island.
- In the 12th century, Aegina was the basic pirates spot especially for their attacks in Athens.
- The quality of the most famous world wide, local pistachio nut, is a result of the special climate conditions of the island (drought) and in the volcano elements of the soil.
- Aegina was actually the first capital of Greece and not Nafplio as most people believe. Ioannis Kapodistrias was the first Greek Governor.
- Aphaea’s Temple was the “pattern” that Iktinos and Kallikratis, the architects of Parthenon, had in mind when designing Parthenon.
- One of the most known Greek mysteries is about the perfect triangle consisted by the Temple of Aphaea, the Temple of Poseidon in Sounio and Acropolis of Athens.
And if you think that the day ends here… you are mistaken!
The highlight of your cruise still waits!
A “Traditional Greek Folk Show” with singers and dancers in original costumes from all over Greece, entertain and animate you up to the end of your trip.