Our single-day cruise to the fascinating country of Albania is aimed at adventurous travelers seeking something out of the ordinary. From the Port of Corfu, we follow the Albanian coast to the city port of Saranda. After a short coffee break in Saranda, a 20 km guided coach tour of the south coast’s virgin shores and scattered islands is available for those who want it. Leaving the mainland again, we pass small picturesque villages and endless fertile plains that lead to a great lake.
The highlight of your day will be a visit to Butrint – an UNESCO World Heritage site. Over the centuries, the ancient town had disappeared under layers of silt and vegetation. In recent years, however, archaeologists have uncovered some of the finest working town remains in the Mediterranean. At the edge of the lake is the ancient city of Vouthrota. The Venetian Tower near the entrance, the ancient theatre, the Temple of Asclepius, the ancient gymnasium, the Roman Baths, the Roman Baptistery with its priceless mosaic floor, the Lion gate and the enormous Cyclopean walls will transport you back in time from 2,500 years till the 3rd century A.D. At the top of the hill stands the Venetian Castle, offering breath-taking, panoramic views of the ancient city, the lake and the vast plains below. Lunch is served upon your return to Saranda. In the afternoon, there will be a walking tour of Saranda, after which we finally depart this land that time forgot. Join us and explore Mainland Albania – a truly magical place!
Included in the price
Entrance to the Ancient City of Butrint
Entrance to the archaeological museum in the Venetian Castle
Full day with a professional guide
Coach tour in Albania
Buffet lunch at a restaurant in Saranda: tomato salad, cucumber, feta cheese, olives, tzatziki, mussels, pork, beef
meatballs, baked potatoes, seasonal fruit.
Not included in the price
Port Tax: 10 Euro per person (paid on board of the Corfu-Saranda ferry)
Coach transfer to and from the hotel and the Port of Corfu: 5 Euro pp (optional)
Items purchased from the on-board bar
Drinks during the coffee break in Saranda
Drinks at the restaurant during lunch
A current valid passport or identity card, camera (or video camera), sunglasses, hat, comfortable shoes, a small bottle of water for the tour of the Ancient City
1. Our company provides coach transfers to and from the hotel and the main Port of Corfu. The duration of coach transfer depends on your hotel location (from 20′ to 120′, approximately). Please be at the meeting point at least 5 minutes in advance and look for the bus with an Ionian Cruises sign.
2. The Ionian Cruises Customer Service phone number is available for the morning coach transfer (+30 6973342026).
3. Departure from the port at 09:30. Boarding from 08:40 until 09:15.
4. Please be at the port at least 40 minutes before the scheduled boat departure time if you have not booked a pick-up and coach transfer. The departure time is subject to slight change according to local traffic conditions.
5. There is parking area in the Port of Corfu. (3 euros for 24 hours).
6. On-board facilities: 2 open decks with seated viewing areas, air-conditioned main hall, TV, DVD player, music system, self-service bar, toilets, showers, cabins and changing areas. The bar offers a variety of coffees, alcoholic beverages, refreshments, juices, toasts, sandwiches, pizzas, croissants and several other snacks.
7. Duty Free is available at the Port of Corfu. (Please pay attention to restrictions listed at the Customs Office at the Port of Corfu regarding goods declaration).
8. Passport details of all participants are required at the time of booking (at least one day before the trip).
9. For citizens of an EU country a valid ID-card or a valid passport is required on the day of travel.
10. Citizens of a non-European country subject to visa obligation in the Schengen zone need a valid passport and a residence permit or visa of the country belonging to the Schengen zone.
11. Citizens of a non-European country subject to visa obligation in the Schengen zone need a valid passport and multi-visa if the wish to travel from Greece to Albania and return.
12. Children under the age of 18 are not accepted on board without being accompanied by the two parents or an adult person.
Children being accompanied only by one parent, the other parent must sign a written authorization.
If the adult is not one of the two parents either parents or legal guardian must sign a written authorization.
Appropriate forms are available at the central ticket office at the Port.
If the parents are not in the Country of the departure port the signature of the authorization must be authenticated from the state of the children and to been translated from the embassy of the country of the port of departure.
If the parents are not at the port but in the Country of the port of departure the signature of the authorization can be authenticated from a Police Department of the Country of the port of departure.
If the parents are at the port of departure the signature of the authorization can be authenticated from Passport Control Office.
The written authorization has to be remitted to the Passport Control Office and the Master or the Purser of the vessel.
1. For cancellations at least 24 hours before the scheduled departure, no cancellation fee applies.
2. For cancellations within 24 hours of the scheduled departure, a 100% cancellation fee applies.
3. The cruise is subject to favorable weather conditions. In the event of the cruise being cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the choice between an alternative date or a full refund.